Schools, private schools and Day Nurseries are required to flush their plumbing daily if lead testing results for the past 24-months were above the Ontario Drinking Water Standards (ODWS). Otherwise, weekly flushing is now the standard as the regulation was modified in 2010. When introduced in 2007, O.Reg. 243/07 required that all schools, private schools and day nurseries test their drinking water annually for lead levels. However, as with flushing requirements, this also changed in 2010. As it now stands, testing is only required every three years given that two consecutive samples from the last 24-month period were below the ODWS and water from taps used by children throughout the facility were tested and have not resulted in lead test results above the ODWS. Additionally, a “Notice of Reduced Lead Sampling” application must be sent into the Ministry of Environment for review and approval.
We can assist you with any of the following services:
- Onsite Sampling and analytical testing through a licensed accredited laboratory
- Registration of your drinking water system
- Completion of your laboratory Service notification form
- Reporting of adverse test results and collection of follow-up samples if necessary
- Completion of your Notice of Reduced Lead Sampling application once you have met the requirements
Tapped In ensures that its entire staff is kept abreast of changing regulations and is continually educating its staff to provide the best services to its clients.
Contact us today at 416-480-6226 or 1-866-360-7390 to find out more about our services.